PDA

View Full Version : [All iPads] Spigen SGP Ultra Coat for ipad mini (or anyone with experience of them)

LeeM
Dec 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
anyone got any experience with these? how much of the device do they cover? im trading my ipad 2 for a mini because theyre so thin and light and it seems stupid to put it in a big horrible cover so i want to go naked. i want a black one though and its going to be very susceptible to scratches obviously.
also im not normally a fan of screen protectors because they tend to take away from the feel and responsiveness of the screen.
also, i dont like the idea of spraying a brand new ipad with water! ive had a problem with an iphone that was refused warranty work because the water indicator in the dock connector was slightly pink and i know as well as you lot do that that is not a true indication of water damage!

cbb77
Dec 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
anyone got any experience with these? how much of the device do they cover? im trading my ipad 2 for a mini because theyre so thin and light and it seems stupid to put it in a big horrible cover so i want to go naked. i want a black one though and its going to be very susceptible to scratches obviously.
also im not normally a fan of screen protectors because they tend to take away from the feel and responsiveness of the screen.
also, i dont like the idea of spraying a brand new ipad with water! ive had a problem with an iphone that was refused warranty work because the water indicator in the dock connector was slightly pink and i know as well as you lot do that that is not a true indication of water damage!

I use SGP screen protectors and absolutely swear by them. Everyone has different favorites, but SGP is mine. I've only used the Ultra Crystal series as I like to keep the image of the screen the same as if there was no screen protector on it. The trade off is the fingerprints / glare but again that would also occur if you did not have a screen protector on it. Anyway, I have used quite a few different screen protectors and I feel SGP is the best. The quality / clarity is great. Also the accurate of the cut is just spot on. The only other protector that I like is Power Support, but they do not make one yet for the mini. I have used PS Anti-glare on an itouch and it was pretty good. Great feel and did well to cut glare and fingerprints. However, it did affect the brightness of the screen thus went back to crystal series. Again, for me SGP was better.

Best of luck.