Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristincb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Hi all,

I received my new imac yesterday and so far all is good except for what I am seeing with my graphics.

I am trying to calibrate this monitor but once I do the changes don't seem to stick?

Everything almost looks as though it has a green cast to it.

Any easy recommendations on calibrating?

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
Hi all,

I received my new imac yesterday and so far all is good except for what I am seeing with my graphics.

I am trying to calibrate this monitor but once I do the changes don't seem to stick?

Everything almost looks as though it has a green cast to it.

Any easy recommendations on calibrating?

Calibrate with what?

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
The new imacs 2012 should be below dE off 2 on sRGB out the box, and you should be able to pick sRGB as monitor profile. If it is green, bring it back.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
The new imacs 2012 should be below dE off 2 on sRGB out the box, and you should be able to pick sRGB as monitor profile. If it is green, bring it back.

That's a really good idea, although they shouldn't leave it on sRGB. The last generation the white point wasn't quite in line with sRGB, but it is a good quick test for such a display. Also you may not see <dE 2.0 on every color patch if you're looking at a whole chart. It depends what you're testing against, assuming a recent model colorimeter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.