PDA

View Full Version : Good app for audio books?

jedolley
Dec 14, 2012, 09:45 AM
I use my iPad to listen to audiobooks, but these are files that have been ripped from audio CDs and not through a service like audible. Currently I am using the default Music app, but I have been having an issue where it does not always remember my spot. It seems if left idle for several hours or overnight then it will just default to the begining of the current track or in some cases it clears the memory completely and I have to spend time to find where I was.

I am hoping to find a music app that does a better job of remembering where I left off or maybe an option to save/bookmark my place. I realize that such a feature may not exist since this is something typically used for music and not audio books, but I figured I'd ask.

saberahul
Dec 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
I use my iPad to listen to audiobooks, but these are files that have been ripped from audio CDs and not through a service like audible. Currently I am using the default Music app, but I have been having an issue where it does not always remember my spot. It seems if left idle for several hours or overnight then it will just default to the begining of the current track or in some cases it clears the memory completely and I have to spend time to find where I was.

I am hoping to find a music app that does a better job of remembering where I left off or maybe an option to save/bookmark my place. I realize that such a feature may not exist since this is something typically used for music and not audio books, but I figured I'd ask.

What iPad version do you use? If the 1st, Music.app is likely doing it due to lack of RAM.

jedolley
Dec 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
What iPad version do you use? If the 1st, Music.app is likely doing it due to lack of RAM.

iPad mini. Over the course of a day it remembers the spot, but in some cases, like overnight or other long periods of time it will usually start back at the beginning of the track.