PDA

View Full Version : Does Jony Ive's fingerprints need to be on iOS 7?

Rogifan
Dec 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
I know the CW is we won't see much, if any, Jony Ive influence until iOS 8 or later. But I personally think the sooner we see his influence it the better. If iOS 7 comes out and looks just like iOS 6 I think there will be plenty of disappointed customers (myself included). I know problems with iOS go beyond skeuomrphism but that's at least a start and I can't imagine it would be that difficult to remove some of the unnecessary kitsch currently in iOS. And then maybe iOS 8 has a more radical revamp?

r2shyyou
Dec 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
I know the CW is we won't see much, if any, Jony Ive influence until iOS 8 or later. But I personally think the sooner we see his influence it the better. If iOS 7 comes out and looks just like iOS 6 I think there will be plenty of disappointed customers (myself included). I know problems with iOS go beyond skeuomrphism but that's at least a start and I can't imagine it would be that difficult to remove some of the unnecessary kitsch currently in iOS. And then maybe iOS 8 has a more radical revamp?

You may want to have a look at the thread below:

iOS 7 - revamped or polished again? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1501739)