PDA

View Full Version : Bugs unique to Tiger? .mac alternatives?

ashon3611
Sep 22, 2005, 07:35 PM
While i probably should be watching the news to watch where the hurricane will end up...
ive noticed some bugs that i dont know if they are unique to tiger or if i'm the only one who has them.
1. after my computer runs cpu intensive tasks the mouse pointer seems to studder as if the acceleration is off wack, and the only way to fix it is to reboot.
2. safari seems to have problems having multiple tabs going on at once (if i were to have 4 takes on 3 windows each), to where id need to quit the safari process in activity monitor.
3. is there a program to reset or optimize ram allocation? even with having 1.5Gb of RAM i find that only by rebooting does it work correctly sometimes.

and are there any good .mac alternatives? ive heard that there is a gmail program that lets you use it as an hard drive but that it was only for windows so far.

Overall i am very impress with this the newest ibook being my 1st apple. While i have owned pcs and would occasionally have to run ad-ware or spy bot and destory ive never needed to have to worry about it on here. learning the shortcut keys on macs make a laptop experience so much moreenjoyable (not having to use the trackpad constantly for everything). I find spotlight, spell check embedded into everything and dashboard are features that i my most frequently use. anyways any other tip would be greatly appreciated.