Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
I am in a very difficult situation.My ipad I have now came with ios 4.3.5.So I said to myself "I won't need these blobs cause why would I want to go back to that anyway."And now I'm in a situation where I want to go back to 5.1.1 but can't cause I don't have the blobs saved from 4.3.5. Is there any way to downgrade on iTunes .and will there ever be a way to downgrade in the future without the ios 4 blobs?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I am in a very difficult situation.My ipad I have now came with ios 4.3.5.So I said to myself "I won't need these blobs cause why would I want to go back to that anyway."And now I'm in a situation where I want to go back to 5.1.1 but can't cause I don't have the blobs saved from 4.3.5. Is there any way to downgrade on iTunes .and will there ever be a way to downgrade in the future without the ios 4 blobs?

No and probably no.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Why ?

At some point you will update to iOS6 and have to learn to adapt to the new layout of mobile App Store.

There will be some app you want that is iOS6 only or some feature in the iOS6 firmware you want.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Why ?

At some point you will update to iOS6 and have to learn to adapt to the new layout of mobile App Store.

There will be some app you want that is iOS6 only or some feature in the iOS6 firmware you want.
I bought the 3rd gen with cellular yesterday . Nice upgrade

jakeruston

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
The Netherlands
As far as I'm aware there isn't a way of downgrading without the blobs.

You might as well get used to iOS 6 anyway. You can't stay on iOS 5 forever.

We just have to hope that iOS 7 fixes some of the problems people have found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.