Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
As the title states, im wondering if any harm can come from stacking my ATV on my APE? Neither seem to get very warm, and my wifi signal is great.
Opinions anyone?

I've done it and it was fine, but if possible, I would try to find something that would allow for some airflow between them since having them stacked did have an effect on the ability of the hot air to properly ventilate.

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
I've done it and it was fine, but if possible, I would try to find something that would allow for some airflow between them since having them stacked did have an effect on the ability of the hot air to properly ventilate.

i used a small piece of 3M two sided tape to hold them together.
it leaves a small gap between the two. I would figure they would only heat up under heavy usage/streaming. I streamed 2 movies last night and neither was even warm. Thank you for the input.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
i used a small piece of 3M two sided tape to hold them together.
it leaves a small gap between the two. I would figure they would only heat up under heavy usage/streaming. I streamed 2 movies last night and neither was even warm. Thank you for the input.

the 3M tape was a good idea. I didn't even consider that and then stopped stacking them. You're welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.