PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare swapped my keyboard!

hob
Sep 23, 2005, 08:37 AM
I just got my powerbook back from AppleCare - they picked it up, fixed it and returned it in 3 days. Very impressed.

That was, until I opened the lid.

I had mentioned on the phone to the applecare guy that having just started a new year at uni, now was not the time for my keyboard to break, so I'm sure he put in the notes something about speeding it through (he was a level 2 kinda guy :p ) but now I find my swanky british keyboard complete with sign has been replaced with an american standard keyboard, with a smaller enter key. Every time I go to make a new paragraph I hit \ by mistake...! I dunno, should I just shut up and get used to the new keyboard or call 'em and go sick?!

jsw
Sep 23, 2005, 08:39 AM
I just got my powerbook back from AppleCare - they picked it up, fixed it and returned it in 3 days. Very impressed.

I had mentioned on the phone to the applecare guy that having just started a new year at uni, now was not the time for my keyboard to break, so I'm sure he put in the notes something about speeding it through (he was a level 2 kinda guy :p ) but now I find my swanky british keyboard complete with sign has been replaced with an american standard keyboard, with a smaller enter key. Every time I go to make a new paragraph I hit \ by mistake...! I dunno, should I just shut up and get used to the new keyboard or call 'em and go sick?!I'd just call them up and politely explain the situation. Worst case, you get to use our superior US keyboard. ;) But, seriously, I expect they could fix it, but probably put that one on to get it back to you quickly.

mad jew
Sep 23, 2005, 08:45 AM
I completely agree with jsw. It's one of those instances where manners, and being polite, will get you further than being angry (mad even). Plus, it doesn't sound like any huge loss if you're stuck with the US keyboard albeit it's something you'd have to get used to, which could take a little while. :(

EssentialParado
Sep 23, 2005, 09:20 AM

I had mentioned on the phone to the applecare guy that having just started a new year at uni, now was not the time for my keyboard to break, so I'm sure he put in the notes something about speeding it through (he was a level 2 kinda guy :p ) but now I find my swanky british keyboard complete with sign has been replaced with an american standard keyboard, with a smaller enter key. Every time I go to make a new paragraph I hit \ by mistake...! I dunno, should I just shut up and get used to the new keyboard or call 'em and go sick?!
Are you sure it's a US keyboard and not just an updated UK one? My UK PowerBook's keyboard enter key is pretty small as it is.

http://www.essentialparadox.com/ForEtc/enterkey.jpg

-Luke

wako
Sep 24, 2005, 12:02 PM
yeah... if that is a UK keyboard... that is on REALLY small enter key. My US keyboard is about two key size

SummerBreeze
Sep 24, 2005, 02:19 PM
Are you sure it's a US keyboard and not just an updated UK one? My UK PowerBook's keyboard enter key is pretty small as it is.

http://www.essentialparadox.com/ForEtc/enterkey.jpg

-Luke

Wow, that's extremely tiny! I'm glad I live in California where the enter key takes up enough space for two keys ;)