Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillavelle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Hi All,

Wondered if I could get some advice regarding Siri please?

I bought an iPhone 5 a few weeks back and Siri has been working fantastically. Made a massive difference. I also bought a 4G iPad Mini a week ago and, again, the Siri on that has been brilliant.

But the last few days, I've noticed that Siri is being a right pain. He does anything I tell him to EXCEPT play music (only on the iPhone, not the iPad which is fine.) I've read that this is often because the servers are overloaded but it seems to be happening ALL THE TIME.

I tell it to play a song, or an album, or a genre.. Whatever. A song that has previously been played and it tells me it is looking and then comes back with either "Uh Oh, there's a problem" or "Sorry, I something's gone wrong" and it just won't do it!

I've tried turning the phone off and on again. I've tried doing a soft reset by holding the power key and home key down together. I've even tried turning Siri off and on again in settings, despite the fact that it told me it would remove my info from the servers.

As I say, it works flawlessly on iPad Mini. And he does all the other stuff like dictate texts, send messages, tell me the time etc. But he just can't seem to do music.

It's driving me mad. I really don't want to have to do a full hard restore because I have a 64GB model which is going to take all night to restore if that's the case. But I do use Siri A LOT in my car so I need to fix this.

FYI, the problem is the same on both Wifi and 3G and it doesn't matter if I am doing it in the car via hand free or in person in a quiet room. I have the same problem.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Phil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.