PDA

View Full Version : macbook air

gdeusthewhizkid
Dec 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
is a ipad and macbook air overkill. Im thinking of getting one...

mattopotamus
Dec 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
depends what you do. One is a computer and one is mostly for reading/apps/games. You will not be able to be as productive using an ipad as you would a mac. Do you need a PC for work/school?

gdeusthewhizkid
Dec 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
i would like to get a newer mac. my mac mini is 2007 and my macbook pro is the mid 2009 that's starting to slow down.. Its between a macbook pro and a macbook air.. I can upgrade the macbook pro myself. I dont like imac. Ideally a mac pro would be more than perfect but the memory upgrades are two expensive.

I need portability and power for logic but im not sure which machine i should choose....

ToomeyND
Dec 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Edit: I didn't understand the first post.

mattopotamus
Dec 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
i would like to get a newer mac. my mac mini is 2007 and my macbook pro is the mid 2009 that's starting to slow down.. Its between a macbook pro and a macbook air.. I can upgrade the macbook pro myself. I dont like imac. Ideally a mac pro would be more than perfect but the memory upgrades are two expensive.

I need portability and power for logic but im not sure which machine i should choose....

I'm confused...did you mean to title your thread macbook air or pro?

53x12
Dec 18, 2012, 02:57 PM
is a ipad and macbook air overkill. Im thinking of getting one...

This recent thread might be helpful: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1498416

gdeusthewhizkid
Dec 18, 2012, 02:57 PM
guess i shouldve done that. sorry...

Scepticalscribe
Dec 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'd suggest that you get a MBP and an iPad; given your stated desire for portability, and apparent need for a computer with a proper keyboard, the iPad and MBP strikes me as being an excellent combination.

By all means get a MBA if portability is a key requirement. However, my personal view is that a MBA and an iPad together might be excessive, as the iPad alone would satisfy the need for something easily portable.

----------

depends what you do. One is a computer and one is mostly for reading/apps/games. You will not be able to be as productive using an ipad as you would a mac. Do you need a PC for work/school?

Very good post which sums up the difference between the two better than I did.