Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Hi, I am running ML and Messages set up with facebook and gmail chat.

I want to be logged in and online but invisible to just one person who always keeps bugging me too much. I cannot delete them due to social etiquette and it would make things awkward.

Is there a way to appear as offline to just that one person?

Any advice would be gratefully received. :eek:

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Not an option for me I am afraid. I need selected invisibility.

Assuming Facebook and Google supported invisibility in their protocols (which they don't as far as I know), isn't it going to be obvious to said person when you stop appearing online all of a sudden?

Unless it is your boss (the work kind or the wife kind), you're going to have to decide how important it is to be logged into those services or how important it is not to offend them by ignoring them.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Assuming Facebook and Google supported invisibility in their protocols (which they don't as far as I know), isn't it going to be obvious to said person when you stop appearing online all of a sudden?

Unless it is your boss (the work kind or the wife kind), you're going to have to decide how important it is to be logged into those services or how important it is not to offend them by ignoring them.

In other words it isn't possible?

It wouldn't be strange if I weren't online as I am often pretty erratic anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.