Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
With the 6.0.2 iMessage stopped working. I reset the network settings but still no luck. Anyone else facing this problem?

Betourista

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Im have the same problem. Stopped working right after the update. Any ideas on how to fix it?

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Im have the same problem. Stopped working right after the update. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I am not sure if we are the minority here but try if this works for you. It's the prescribed solution but it hasn't worked for me. I am currently roaming out of network so maybe that is one issue but will update the thread when I am back in my home network.

1. Shut down wifi.
2. Turn off iMessage and Facetime.
3. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will restart the phone. Doesn't delete any data so you are fine.
4. DO NOT Turn on wifi yet.
5. Turn on iMessage and "patiently wait for the activation.
6. If #5 successful then turn on facetime.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kamlesh.

NateDogX

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
Same issue here. The fix you listed didn't work for me either. Very bummed with this update.

cplclegg

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
iPad mini with LTE can't connect to iMessage. Verizon iPhone 5 while on LTE has really messed up timestamps on messages and the time on the top keeps changing.

Both updated to 6.0.2 last night. Wonderful update Apple :mad:

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Update - I am not sure if most of you knew this but I certainly didn't. If you change your number it takes up to 30 days for that old number to time out from iMessage. The way you can avoid this is to turn off iMessage and FaceTime before you change to the new number.

I am not sure now if the update caused this because I changed to the new number at the same time I updated to a new phone number. I called apple care and they explained that it could take some time for the old number to sign out.

I will update this thread once my old number times out. Hopefully this is the root cause for me.

Kamlesh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.