Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Just upgraded to Mountain Lion. The first time I did, I had to go back to Lion because I was having so many problems with my BT keyboard and Magic Trackpad. They would disconnect and connect and become jittery and unresponsive randomly.

I figured the problem would be fixed with 10.8.1 or certainly 10.8.2, but apparently not. I'm still having all the same problems with my MacBook Pro and bluetooth devices.

I haven't had much success troubleshooting the problem, but I have noticed that the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard doesn't show up in the Keyboard preferences pane. It says "No Keyboard Found", which is strange, since 1) that's what I'm using to type this message, and 2) It does show up in the bluetooth menu in the menu bar. I wonder if this has something to do with it.

I tried turning BT off and on again, and disconnecting and connecting the keyboard and trackpad. Sometimes that helps – for a little while. But inevitably the problem returns.

Anyone else having these issues and have you found a fix?

jbPrime1

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Magic Trackpad not Tracking in Mountain Lion

I have a similar problem, but don't know if it is Bluetooth or Magic Trackpad related. My Magic Trackpad works fine in Lion, but has tracking problems in Mountain Lion, where it seems the entire right 25% or so of the TrackPad area won't respond correctly to finger movement. It is slow, jerky, unresponsive in that area. When I boot into Lion it works just fine. This problem is serious enough that I will not use Mountain Lion.

I've got an Apple trouble follow up call coming at 16:00 PST today, 1/4/13 to see what happens. If they can't fix it, I'll be asking for a refund on the purchase of this OS version from the App Store because I will not be using it.

jbPrime1

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Magic Trackpad not Tracking in Mountain Lion

Apple support has elevated this problem to s/w engineering as of 4/6/13 as a serious problem. The right inch strip of the Magic Trackpad doesn't respond to quick finger movement as does the rest of the trackpad. In Lion there is no such problem. Apple does not know why. So far, as of 4/13/13, I have not heard back from Apple.

toadc69

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Twin Peaks
Mountain Lion choking on Bluetooth Keyboard

Besides eating batteries,
it's been acting like a punk the past two days when I use Photoshop . Most of the keyboard stops working on BOTH my Bluetooth Keyboard & my mid-2009 MBP 13" running 10.8.2

Get this, the internal trackpad also refuses to respond and I have to hard Power down.

The Bluetooth shows connected and the mouse works via BT.
I"m going to have to re-install XCode or whatever to get the option+click Bluetooth Explorer option back on. And bang away in there. Unless there is someone on here with some guidance ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.