Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I have seen a couple of weather apps that do this, but none of them have a way to display the temp of the current city you're in. They only have the ability to pull temps from cities you have entered.

You can use GPS to update your current position but it does not update as you travel. It's different than the iOS weather app in that respect.

Is there an app like this?

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
I have seen a couple of weather apps that do this, but none of them have a way to display the temp of the current city you're in. They only have the ability to pull temps from cities you have entered.

You can use GPS to update your current position but it does not update as you travel. It's different than the iOS weather app in that respect.

Is there an app like this?

Notification Center should update to your current city, correct?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Yes the iOS weather app does do this, but it doesn't display the current temp as a badge or the icon. And that's what I'm looking for.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Fahrenheit shows the current temp...nice little weather app IMO
I'm not sure if it updates like iOS in Notifications as you travel
Wish there was a weather app that shows current temp in status bar
One of a few things I miss from the JB days :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0400.PNG
    IMG_0400.PNG
    901.5 KB · Views: 72

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Fahrenheit shows the current temp...nice little weather app IMO
I'm not sure if it updates like iOS in Notifications as you travel
Wish there was a weather app that shows current temp in status bar
One of a few things I miss from the JB days :rolleyes:

I have tried that one and it only shows temp for the cities you enter in their option page.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I have tried that one and it only shows temp for the cities you enter in their option page.

Let me know if you find something than because I am interested as well

WHY Apple WHY can't you just make the temp on your Weather.app your current temp?! WHY must it be always 73 degrees? JB community can do it, you can as well. :rolleyes:

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Let me know if you find something than because I am interested as well

WHY Apple WHY can't you just make the temp on your Weather.app your current temp?! WHY must it be always 73 degrees? JB community can do it, you can as well. :rolleyes:

I know right? I had that tweak when I was jailbroken, but I lost it when I went iOS 6. Worst mistake ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.