Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eskomo021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
So i bought a mac mini off ebay last week. I've got it connected to my computer via mini display port, and i'm using my tv as the monitor (via hdmi). So what happens when i turn the computer it shows the boot screen, and makes the startup sound.. then it shows the apple symbol for about 45 seconds, the screen goes blue, and then to black.. I have tried holding down c, at boot, i've also tried shift, and also p+r+cmd+ctrl and still no luck. I've tried everything that I can think of. I have no idea why it's doing this. Any help appreciated.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
Can you simplify the set up? Connect the mac mini to a monitor and try to boot. From your statement you have it connected to a tv via hdmi and to another computer via mini display port...

When it goes to black is the mac mini still running or does it shut off? It there a chance they sold you a mac mini that just doesn't work any more and that is why they sold it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.