PDA

View Full Version : Using PDF expert - problem seeing highlights

macgrl
Dec 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hello all,

I have just got pdf expert as I wanted an app that i could read and hightlight pdfs on my ipad.

I have managed to set it up so that the pdfs are stored in dropbox and I can access them in pdf expert.

My question is this - when i open a pdf in pdf expert that has been highlighted using adobe on my mba I can see the highlights.

But if i add highlights to docs in pdf expert when i then look at that via dropbox on my mba with adobe the highlights i did on the ipad via pdf expert aren't shown. Is it possible that this can be done?

I had imagined having dropbox as a central hub with me being able to open and highlight on mac or ipad and the highlights showing both ways?

edited to say - if I highlight a pdf in pdf expert and then email it to myself through the app then open in adobe on my mba the highlights appear. I would like to be able to see this via DB and have it all sync.

staccato83
Dec 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
Well, I don't use Adobe, but when I annotate my PDFs in PDF Expert and then open them with Preview or Skim (http://skim-app.sourceforge.net) they show up. Can you try opening your PDFs in those programs and see if the annotations sync?