PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 question . . .

iKatelyne Anne
Sep 25, 2005, 12:11 AM
Have noticed these scratch-type markings on my iBook that become shiny in the light. They are mostly located outside and around the key pad / mouse pad. Quite unsightly and disheartening since I do put a great deal of care into her.

I've tried cleaning the markings off with a moist, soft cloth. However, nothing seems to take care of these strange markings.

Has this happened with your iBook? . . .
Or any ideas?

Also, my hinge [?] seems to have much resistance to backward repositioning and makes a crinkle, crackle noise [lovely!]. Can you WD40 it?

Much appreciation . . .
Katelyne.

WillMak
Sep 25, 2005, 12:28 AM
oh wow, I have them too. I don't know what you should do except to just not worry about them :)

mad jew
Sep 25, 2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, my iBook's a little scratched too. Nothing to worry about though. As for the WD40, I wouldn't get that stuff anywhere near my iBook. :)

SummerBreeze
Sep 25, 2005, 01:37 AM
I've seen some cleaners for iPods and iBooks, including iCleaner (http://www.ipodcleaner.com/). I personally don't know how well the products work, but it might be worth looking into.

iKatelyne Anne
Sep 25, 2005, 01:05 PM
Haha . . indeed.

Thank you for your reply. : )

iKatelyne Anne
Sep 25, 2005, 01:09 PM
. . Arhg. Yes, well thank you for the reply.

And if I am to find anything to solve this, I'll be sure to post in the community.

ITASOR
Sep 25, 2005, 05:38 PM
I have the exact same thing, to the left and right of the trackpad. Vertical markings that show up in bright light when looking at it from an angle. Oh well.

Yoyodyne
Sep 25, 2005, 05:51 PM
I don't think you're talking about scratches. I have them and they look like they formed when the plastic was cooling down in the mold. I find them very hard to describe, but I wouldn’t call them scratches.