Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brainwave89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I just purchased a new MBP this week that has 10.8.2. I have QB Pro 2007 on my iMac running Leopard. Can I create a partition on my hard drive to install Leopard onto it. Thus allowing me to install QB Pro2007 on it?

Thank you.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I'm guessing you're going to run into issues trying to run Leopard on that hardware. If upgrading QuickBooks isn't an option, I'd see if it's possible to run QB on Snow Leopard (I know technically it's only listed as supporting through 10.5.8, but you could see what others online have said). If that's an option, you could use Parallels or VMWare Fusion to create a Snow Leopard VM and run it that way. More convenient than restarting your computer to boot to another partition anyway.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Leopard is not compatible with any Mac released after August 2009. You may have better luck running it in a virtual machine, with some hacking.

It is unofficially compatible with some newer Macs.

I just purchased a new MBP this week that has 10.8.2. I have QB Pro 2007 on my iMac running Leopard. Can I create a partition on my hard drive to install Leopard onto it. Thus allowing me to install QB Pro2007 on it?

Thank you.

It will probably not run on your MacBook Pro, the CPU at least should prevent it from running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.