PDA

View Full Version : ibook g4 12" question about running quicktime hd video

animefx
Sep 25, 2005, 11:45 AM
i was wondering if any 12" ibook owners (the current or one older model) have tried to run any of the h.264 HD video with the new quicktime from apples site? i know that the screen and video card isn't capable of 1080p, but i would like to be able to run 720p video on a 12" ibook if the it can handle it (at 24 fps or higher)

maddav
Sep 25, 2005, 12:53 PM
I've got a 14" iBook (same resolution and graphics card) and they don't run well at all, they work alright in parts, but then they just freeze up.
I have managed to get one or two working properly, but for the most part they're not really watchable.

VanMac
Sep 25, 2005, 05:24 PM
i was wondering if any 12" ibook owners (the current or one older model) have tried to run any of the h.264 HD video with the new quicktime from apples site? i know that the screen and video card isn't capable of 1080p, but i would like to be able to run 720p video on a 12" ibook if the it can handle it (at 24 fps or higher)
I just tried the "Walking on the moon" movie trailer. Worked fine.....only stalls if your network is still downloading data.