Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tigro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2012
So I'm a fresh iPad 4 owner. I love the device but there's one particularly annoying thing - along two edges of the screen (and one in particular) there's a slightly blue-ish shadow as if the color temperature decreased sharply on a few milimetres.

So unfortunately I haven't bought my device in Apple Online Store so I can't get a simple and swift replace but instead would have to go with the whole warranty procedure and I surely don't want to be left without my device for some 30 bussiness days (I live outside of the USA).

Browsing various forums, I found out that there are some weird lifehacks for problems with screen which, surprisingly, work (such as moderately forceful tapping your iPad on the back near the apple as w remedy for yellow stripes on screen).

Therefore, I'd like to ask you - are there any known fixes (or "fixes") for these cold colours on the edges? Some screen recalibraton, maybe? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.