PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] iPad Otterbox Defender Users - any problems.........

Hooterville
Dec 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
with the interior edges of the hard plastic front shell or screen protector scratching or damaging the front of your iPad after the iPad has been in the case for while?
Just heard that the plastic shell was hard on the glass front of the iPad. :eek:

SnowLeopard OSX
Dec 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
I think there's a layer of silicone that comes supplied with all Otterbox cases to absorb any shock the iPad might take in the event of a fall. I know a lot of people who user Otterbox cases, I've never heard of any complaints about the case internally scratching their device, though.

ZZ Bottom
Dec 23, 2012, 11:56 PM
Haven't used one, but why not just apply a screen protector and not use the built in otterbox one? That will ensure no contact to the glass. And I've read that the otterbox screen protector has terrible rainbow effect (I forget the technical term). It's supposedly not too difficult to remove the built in screen protector from the otterbox case. You can get some high quality screen protectors on amazon for less than 10$.

Just a thought.

digital808
Dec 29, 2012, 08:44 AM
with the interior edges of the hard plastic front shell or screen protector scratching or damaging the front of your iPad after the iPad has been in the case for while?
Just heard that the plastic shell was hard on the glass front of the iPad. :eek:

I have the otterbox with a screen protector on and have no problems. I punched out the screen protector that came with the otterbox because IMO.....the otterbox screen protector is not quite as clear as the Spigen Ultra Clear which didn't do the retina display any justice. I also have 2 otterbox cases protecting my wife and daughter iPad mini's right now.