PDA

View Full Version : AMD PC parts

reberto
Sep 25, 2005, 07:31 PM
I only need a few more parts! I can only trade now (see the link at the bottom of this post!(

512 meg PC-3200 ram chip(s).

a Floppy drive (you never know! Also must be black, painted on not)

Linky: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=152901

DavidCL23
Sep 25, 2005, 08:20 PM
I need to build a PC gaming computer. Here are the parts I need

A GOOD AGP 2,4 or 8X video card ( I do not have PCI-E) One that can be used to play DOOM 3

a AMD processor (Socket A) Sempron, Duron, Athlon, Athlon XP

256-512 meg PC-3200 ram chips. I only have 3 slots.

a Hard drive. 20 gigs or larger

DVD-ROM drive (Black color ONLY

a Floppy drive (you never know! Also must be black)

I have a brand new WD sata 200gb 8mb cache hard drive. I will sell it for $100 with free priority mail shipping :)

zap2
Sep 25, 2005, 08:35 PM
i have a 256mb stick of DDR 3200 RAM from my iMac G5 that i don't use anymore only looking for a trade just offer something not looking for too much

rickvanr
Sep 25, 2005, 08:57 PM
I too have a 256MB stick of 3200 DDR RAM, pulled from a Mac mini, $25 shipped?

zap2
Sep 25, 2005, 08:59 PM
woold be willing to trde my RAM fo iMac g4 ram ddr 2700 i think

plinden
Sep 25, 2005, 09:00 PM
I'm guessing you need socket A because that's the motherboard you have, but if you went for socket 939 mobo and CPU you could get a X2 when you could afford it.

I wouldn't bother with a Sempron if I were you.

cantthinkofone
Sep 25, 2005, 09:01 PM
man if you want to play Doom 3, Half life 2 etc, you need PCI-E. AGP is to slow. And 64 bit chips are so cheap now they are a good buy. And like the guy said, DONT MESS WITH SEMPROM. They suck. Its like a Intel Celeron. Go AMD 64, or Intel 64.

Im trying to sell my computer that i built for gaming so i can get a motorcycle. Ill sell it to you for 1000 (includes shipping).

Specs:
-1 Ultra Dragon style case in silver. with window.

-2 12" cold-cath Blue lights for case.

-1 Ultra X-Connect 500-Watt PSU 30AMP

-1 Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo

-1 AMD 64 3000+ Socket 939, 1.8GHz 1800FSB

-1 EVGA 6600GT SLI(with another card of the same model) w/ 128MB GDDR3 ram.

-2 Sticks of Kingston 256MB DDR 400MHz

-2 HDDs.80GB Wester Digital, and 160GB Western Digital both SATA

-1 Samsung DVD-+RW w/ Dual Layer at 5x(fastest Dual layer speed there is)

-1 CD-RW 52x24x32 just a back up but works.

-1 ViewSonic 17" LCD With DVI and VGA. Built in speakers. 8-ms response time. 1280x1024 max res.

-1 US Robotics 56k PCI modem.--(mobo has two) 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports.

-1 Thermal Take 120-cm Big-Water Block cooling system. On the CPU right now, i had planed to get a block for my Video card but never got around to it.

-1 Microsoft Optical mouse, USB

-1 Standard Keyboard, PS2.

-Comes with HL2,FarCry,UT2k4, and Star Wars Republic Commandos.

-Also has Norton Internet Security With 6-month trial installed. Expires in late December.

-All cables are included,LCD, power.

-I have all recites of all sales.

pm me if your interested.

reberto
Sep 25, 2005, 09:04 PM
man if you want to play Doom 3, Half life 2 etc, you need PCI-E. AGP is to slow. And 64 bit chips are so cheap now they are a good buy.

Im trying to sell my computer that i built for gaming so i can get a motorcycle. Ill sell it to you for 1000 (includes shipping).

Specs:

-1 ViewSonic 17" LCD With DVI and VGA. Built in speakers. 8-ms response time. 1280x1024 max res.

-1 Thermal Take 120-cm Big-Water Block cooling system. On the CPU right now, i had planed to get a block for my Video card but never got around to it.

-Also has Norton Internet Security With 6-month trial installed. Expires in late December.

I do not have the $$$ for the whole system but I am intrested in your monitor. How much?

GoCubsGo
Sep 25, 2005, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't give you $1000 for that. Seriously. I can build that for much less and I'd hate to see this kid get taken. I know you probably spent around that to build it, but it's not worth that right now.

To the original poster. Check out www.outpost.com for parts. That and New egg of course. I currently have a gaming PC but it doesn't meet your specs. I'm only asking $400 for it, but that's because it's not a 64 bit chip, but my memory is better than the guys' below me...and there's a gig in there. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a good deal on the parts you listed at new egg and outpost.com (which is Fry's Electronics in California if you're not aware of that.)

man if you want to play Doom 3, Half life 2 etc, you need PCI-E. AGP is to slow. And 64 bit chips are so cheap now they are a good buy.

Specs:

reberto
Sep 25, 2005, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't give you $1000 for that. Seriously. I can build that for much less and I'd hate to see this kid get taken. I know you probably spent around that to build it, but it's not worth that right now.

To the original poster. Check out www.outpost.com for parts. That and New egg of course. I currently have a gaming PC but it doesn't meet your specs. I'm only asking $400 for it, but that's because it's not a 64 bit chip, but my memory is better than the guys' below me...and there's a gig in there. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a good deal on the parts you listed at new egg and outpost.com (which is Fry's Electronics in California if you're not aware of that.)

Actually, I am getting most of my parts from there, I all ready got a Rosewill case, a Foxconn mobo and a cheepy Rosewill 64 meg video card (got it so when I am finshed it will boot. I will upgrade that later.

neonart
Sep 25, 2005, 10:34 PM
I've got a few Samsung PC3200 (DDR400) 256MB RAM modules. I can sell you 3 to fill your motherboard for $50 shipped.

I also have a really nice Antec power supply model PP-352X. 350W unit. Very reliable name brand. I can sell it for $25 shipped. (You can get 350W power supplies cheap, just not Antecs. Currently they're about $50-60)

I go by neonart on eBay as well- you can find my feedback there. Thanks.

iZach
Sep 25, 2005, 11:09 PM
i have a black dvd drive from a dell, make an offer

Ryan T.
Sep 26, 2005, 08:10 AM
man if you want to play Doom 3, Half life 2 etc, you need PCI-E. AGP is to slow.
Please don't give your opinion on PC parts if you're going to post ignorant statements like this. This isn't even remotely true.

reberto
Sep 26, 2005, 09:31 AM
Please don't give your opinion on PC parts if you're going to post ignorant statements like this. This isn't even remotely true.

yah, and sence when is AGP 8x slow?

LimeiBook86
Sep 26, 2005, 01:02 PM
yah, and sence when is AGP 8x slow?
Never! AGP 8x is fine. ;) Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Star Wars Republic Commandos, and Star Wars Battlefront run wonderfully on my system (P4 2.2ghz, 1gb RAM, nVidia Geforce 6200AD 128mb AGP 8x)...and yes they are all demanding games, especially Republic Commandos and Battlefront. PCI-E is not needed, so you can get an AGP card, just make sure it's a nice one and not a cheapo one :p

Just make sure you got for a pretty nice nVidia or ATI card that will support an 8x AGP slot. Megabytes don't always matter, it's the GPU you want to worry about but, you do want at least 128mb or 256mb if your planing on playing high-end games in the future. You want at least 512mb of RAM, 1gig is great but 512 should be fine.

I bought an nVidia 128mb GeForce 6200AD for around $119 (newegg.com), it runs games great and the only thing that's holding it back is my little P4 2.2ghz processor. Just makes sure your motherboard can support AGP 8x, and make sure you have at least a 400w power supply since I don't know how many hard drives and optical drives you may have. Most modern graphics cards, like the one I have, require it's own power cord. And don't skimp on the cooling, you don't want to fry your system. Also you might want to get a 7200rpm Hard Drive or faster (SATA would be nice), because you don't want to wait 5-10 minutes while loading a map for a game while your firends are depending on you to help them win the match!! :D

Good luck.

cantthinkofone
Sep 26, 2005, 08:30 PM

It is hardly ignorant, and it is remotely true. Look at ANY benchmarks. PCI-E will out perform AGP on any game. PCI-E is 16x, AGP is 8x hmm.... It also lets you do SLI if you want, i wouldn't do it as its not really worth it. If some one wants to brag about his two SLI cards that cost him $800 each, then fine by me. I only wish that macs would get PCI-E or PCI-X video cards would even the playing field a lot more.

Ok...I dont know what the total cost for it is. Around 1200-1350 id say. I haven't added it all up. But you cant get a computer with these specs from any manufacture, and yes you can build it for about 1000 now.

I built it back in may. If i told you it came with windows 2000 pro would that make you a little less repulsed?

Fry's does have good deals a lot of the time. I used zipzoomfly(free shipping on just about every thing) and newegg.com. Both are very good places to go, you can usually fine better deals else where than newegg, but for the most part its a good site.

LimeiBook, id rather not sell the LCD alone, i would be stuck with a computer case, and all the stuff in it, and no display. Sorry. i got it off newegg for $230. Once in a while you can get a Viewsonic 19" for 250 on there, down from 350, good deal if you ask me, but you might ask jessica if i im right on my assumptions. Good luck with your computer build.

iZach
Sep 26, 2005, 08:35 PM
let me know if you want the dvd drive (black) made by dell..like $35 shipped maybe

LimeiBook86
Sep 26, 2005, 08:52 PM
LimeiBook, id rather not sell the LCD alone, i would be stuck with a computer case, and all the stuff in it, and no display. Sorry. i got it off newegg for $230. Once in a while you can get a Viewsonic 19" for 250 on there, down from 350, good deal if you ask me, but you might ask jessica if i im right on my assumptions. Good luck with your computer build.
I'm not telling anyone to buy anything I'm just pointing out some options and ironing out some myths. :D

reberto
Sep 26, 2005, 09:04 PM
let me know if you want the dvd drive (black) made by dell..like $35 shipped maybe

Would you do a trade for what I have in my other threds? Xbox and GC games.

iZach
Sep 26, 2005, 09:14 PM
Sorry, sold my gamecube a few weeks ago and closing a deal today to sell my xbox...lol...but would you like to buy it?
Would you do a trade for what I have in my other threds? Xbox and GC games.

Capt Underpants
Sep 26, 2005, 09:58 PM
It is hardly ignorant, and it is remotely true. Look at ANY benchmarks. PCI-E will out perform AGP on any game. PCI-E is 16x, AGP is 8x hmm.... It also lets you do SLI if you want, i wouldn't do it as its not really worth it. If some one wants to brag about his two SLI cards that cost him $800 each, then fine by me. I only wish that macs would get PCI-E or PCI-X video cards would even the playing field a lot more.

I play HL2 with my AGP graphics card and get great frames. Saying that an AGP graphics card is inadequate for HL2 or Doom 3 is ignorant, especially when almost all high-end cards come in an AGP version.

cantthinkofone
Sep 26, 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm not telling anyone to buy anything I'm just pointing out some options and ironing out some myths. :D

you know i put the wrong name on the person i was talking to about the LCD screen :D sorry. I ment to say that to reberto. I just scrolled down when i was typing in a reply, and your's was the first i saw, sorry for the mis-understanding.

reberto
Oct 8, 2005, 08:35 PM
Updated! ALMOST WHERE I WANT TO BE!

mbl42
Oct 8, 2005, 09:34 PM
I've got a black floppy drive. How about a trade for that Netgear hub?

reberto
Oct 8, 2005, 09:59 PM
I've got a black floppy drive. How about a trade for that Netgear hub?

I have a trade pending on the Hub but if he backs out, I'll let you know! :)

mbl42
Oct 8, 2005, 10:11 PM
I have a trade pending on the Hub but if he backs out, I'll let you know! :)

Okay. Sounds good.

ITASOR
Oct 8, 2005, 10:20 PM
I have black just-about-everythings. DVD-RW, CD-ROM, CD-RW, Floppy, Media Card Reader...if you don't get something you need, I might be able to sell you something.

reberto
Oct 8, 2005, 11:44 PM
I have black just-about-everythings. DVD-RW, CD-ROM, CD-RW, Floppy, Media Card Reader...if you don't get something you need, I might be able to sell you something.
What drive bay does the Media Card Reader take up? And how much $$$ do you want for it?

LimeiBook86
Oct 9, 2005, 12:08 AM
you know i put the wrong name on the person i was talking to about the LCD screen :D sorry. I ment to say that to reberto. I just scrolled down when i was typing in a reply, and your's was the first i saw, sorry for the mis-understanding.
No problem, I was a bit confused at the post myself, haha :eek: :rolleyes:

reberto
Oct 12, 2005, 05:24 PM
I can do $50 shipped for the ram. Just PM me your paypal info and we have a deal!

I've got a few Samsung PC3200 (DDR400) 256MB RAM modules. I can sell you 3 to fill your motherboard for $50 shipped.

I also have a really nice Antec power supply model PP-352X. 350W unit. Very reliable name brand. I can sell it for $25 shipped. (You can get 350W power supplies cheap, just not Antecs. Currently they're about $50-60)

I go by neonart on eBay as well- you can find my feedback there. Thanks.