PDA

View Full Version : Sound Output problems

Benjamin,
Dec 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
So I'm using MainStage with an electric guitar.

I've got an iRig Stomp, and it all works fine, the audio in works just as it should, crisp and clear.

I run into a problem when I want to use something other than the headphone or amp jack on the iRig box.

Is there anyway on a 13" MacBook Pro to change the output device from headphones to the built-in-speakers?

Removing the headphones from the device doesn't work. As the in and out are going through the same port, I can use a work around there.

I've read through a few of the posts on here, and people speak about OPT+click the speaker icon, of which I've tried, but that doesn't work either. All I got on the output in Headphones, my Bluetooth headphones, and SoundFlower (which doesn't have this option). I've tried soundsource, but that is a dead end also, as that isn't ML compatible as of yet.

Anyone with any bright ideas?

Dec 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
So I'm using MainStage with an electric guitar.

I've got an iRig Stomp, and it all works fine, the audio in works just as it should, crisp and clear.

I run into a problem when I want to use something other than the headphone or amp jack on the iRig box.

Is there anyway on a 13" MacBook Pro to change the output device from headphones to the built-in-speakers?

Removing the headphones from the device doesn't work. As the in and out are going through the same port, I can use a work around there.

I've read through a few of the posts on here, and people speak about OPT+click the speaker icon, of which I've tried, but that doesn't work either. All I got on the output in Headphones, my Bluetooth headphones, and SoundFlower (which doesn't have this option). I've tried soundsource, but that is a dead end also, as that isn't ML compatible as of yet.

Anyone with any bright ideas?

Go to Utilities and use the Audio MIDI Setup to select audio sources.