Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I went to the Apple Store in Menlo Park, NJ and at the counter in the back of the store they had a plastic enclosed box with a keychain a few differnet pens, a luggage tag, a small clock for a desk and some other little do dads they price from $8.99 (the pen) to $24.99 (the clock) I don't know how long they will be and neither did the Apple Staff there but get them while you can! You shouldn't miss out on this! I don't think they are avialible online,but they look like great stocking stuffers :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I did a fast search online and didn't find anything - but how good did they look? Are they really worth it or are they just silly little promo items that you'd never use?

D

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
they look realy high quality! everyhting has a cool brushed metal look, I wish I had pics, next time I go to the store, I'll try and take pics, but I dunno when I will go next. I swear that star wars game rocks! :D

EDIT: there was also a Pocket Knife, ad far as I remebr there were these items:

Three differnet pens
A keychain $9.99
A luggage Bag thingy $9.99
A pocket knife
A little clock bigger than a basball $24.99

sorry thats all I remember.... :( I MUST GO BACK :) :D

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
I believe there is also a money clip. these were released at the special holiday event, they're all pretty cool, my cousin bought a pen when we went, and it writes well and looks nice.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
hmmm, might have to go make a trip - the pen sounds like it could be nice - but I'd really like to see pics.

D

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I forgot about the money clip,I have no need for a money clip though, I'd rather spend my money than store it, hey dukestreet if you go to the store take a pic, and find out how long they will offer them :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
I forgot about the money clip,I have no need for a money clip though, I'd rather spend my money than store it, hey dukestreet if you go to the store take a pic, and find out how long they will offer them :D

Ha, that will be funny - I'll grab one of each, line them up and take a pic with one of the cameras connected to the macs there in the store. We did that when teabgs and I met at the Clarendon store a couple months ago. But I don't know if I'll be going there until the weekend, depends on if I can get out at lunch from work.

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by alex_ant
Great... now we can pay Apple to advertise for them :)

kinda like my gap t shirt and AE hat with the worn out brim (it came that way, how freaking awesome!!!! i bought it new but it looked used. go AE)

and get this. it says "AE 69" on it! how clever is that?!?!?! wickedly clever i say

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
AE Hats

I remember those hats from High School, like, 5 years ago.

Where've you been Jello?

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: AE Hats

Originally posted by agreenster
I remember those hats from High School, like, 5 years ago.

Where've you been Jello?

perhaps some sarcasm in my post? ;)

just using alex's statement about paying apple to advertise for them as a stepping stone to how i hate the idea of buying an item from a large company when it says their name nice and big on it, since i'm paying them for their advertising. especially when it's gap, ae, abercrombie, and other clone forming companies.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
what i find weird is that redlightrunner had all this stuff a while ago, before apple brought them out on friday night to sell. hmm....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by beez7777
what i find weird is that redlightrunner had all this stuff a while ago, before apple brought them out on friday night to sell. hmm....

But after looking at the huge selection at redlightrunner, I'm wonder what the official Apple items look like - I'll try and get there tomorrow, but I'm without a car at the moment, its in the shop.

D

puffypoopy

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2002
USA
apple keychain

I bought an apple branded keychain at the after thanksgiving extravaganza thingy.
It was $19.99.... it's really cool, brushed metal. I hope they continue selling more apple-branded products like this!
(photo attached)

Attachments

• aapl-key-chain.jpg
    aapl-key-chain.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,645

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
looks nice,
but pretty darn expensive.

Maybe this is how they are planning to turn a profit :p

Good timing for Christmas though.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hmm, that's a cool keychain, they sell non apple versions of those at the Discovery store. Thanks for the pic.

D

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Re: apple keychain

Originally posted by puffypoopy
I bought an apple branded keychain at the after thanksgiving extravaganza thingy.
It was $19.99.... it's really cool, brushed metal. I hope they continue selling more apple-branded products like this!
(photo attached)

Are they giving away free 30-pin SIMMs with every keychain purchase?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Re: AE Hats

Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

perhaps some sarcasm in my post? ;)

just using alex's statement about paying apple to advertise for them as a stepping stone to how i hate the idea of buying an item from a large company when it says their name nice and big on it, since i'm paying them for their advertising. especially when it's gap, ae, abercrombie, and other clone forming companies.

:(:eek:

I misunderstood yer first post. I read it and was like "Cool, I wish I had an After Effects hat."

I guess I'm old and outta the loop (or just a video geek), WTF is AE if it's not After Effects?

Lethal

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by PCTek
I'm such a tease, aren't I?

Damn, the key chains are out of stock at that store. Not a good sign. I'm going to try and get to the Clarendon Apple store tonight......

and what about the other items in the display!!!

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.