PDA

View Full Version : Returning 2nd refurbished MBA; need opinions please!

ihawkins01
Dec 25, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hi there,

I purchased my 1st MBA (2012 model) from Apple Refurb.

There was an issue with the space bar and so had to replace it; the annoying this is I had to get a full refund and buy another as apparently Apple cannot issue a replacement refurb as stocks are not guaranteed (even though there is always one on the site!)

So after getting my second it was fine; but recently the screen has been intermittently going black on me; to get it back on I have to press the power button....and before you ask, no its not due to any energy saving preferences.

Unfortunately it is just outside of the 14 days returns policy. I am going to call them on Thursday and see what they can offer but I was wondering if any one had any advice on this?

Have you returned past 14 Days? Returned a refurb? If so, were you able to get a replacement/push for any freebies??

krravi
Dec 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
Hi there,

There was an issue with the space bar and so had to replace it; the annoying this is I had to get a full refund and buy another as apparently Apple cannot issue a replacement refurb as stocks are not guaranteed (even though there is always one on the site!)

So after getting my second it was fine; but recently the screen has been intermittently going black on me; to get it back on I have to press the power button....and before you ask, no its not due to any energy saving preferences.

Unfortunately it is just outside of the 14 days returns policy. I am going to call them on Thursday and see what they can offer but I was wondering if any one had any advice on this?

Have you returned past 14 Days? Returned a refurb? If so, were you able to get a replacement/push for any freebies??

I think they offer 30 days on refurb returns. Just ask to make sure.

josephbusti
Dec 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hi there,

There is a holiday return policy right now if you purchased after November...you have until January 7th. You can likely setup the return right now at www.apple.com/orderstatus. Good luck!

Edit-"Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store are still applicable. This holiday return policy does not apply to iPhone or wireless service contracts. All purchases made after December 25, 2012 are subject to the standard Apple Online Store return policy , which requires returns to be made within 14 calendar days of the date of receipt. For more information, refer to the Apple Online Store." http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund