Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Whenever I wake up my new 15" Pbook, it makes a funny noise from the CD drive. It doesnt seem to effect it at all, the CD drive works, burns CDs and DVDs

Is this a problem, or should I ignore it?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
BiikeMike said:
Whenever I wake up my new 15" Pbook, it makes a funny noise from the CD drive. It doesnt seem to effect it at all, the CD drive works, burns CDs and DVDs

Is this a problem, or should I ignore it?
the PB noise is drivy.

Just ignore it-- it's fine. I thought mine was really noisy, but no. it's fine.
I've asked the genius bar on SEVERAL occasions (they laughed at me every time), and it's cool.
I've been repeatedly assured that it's ok.

Don't worry, it is. The drive is just real noisy.

edit**
THE NOISE IS JUST DRIVY?
WTF?
sorry about my lack of english skill.
THE DRIVE IS JUST NOISY!
The drive is just noisy.
the drive is just noisy.
I assure you, I KNOW ENGLISH.
...Poo.

L

Lau

katie ta achoo said:
THE NOISE IS JUST DRIVY?
WTF?

I thought that was very apt, even before I read the edit. The noise the PB makes as the cd drive wakes up (whheee-clunk-schzszszs) is indeed "drivy".

Made sense to me! Either you're making more sense than you think, or we're both mental.... :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Lau said:
I thought that was very apt, even before I read the edit. The noise the PB makes as the cd drive wakes up (whheee-clunk-schzszszs) is indeed "drivy".

Made sense to me! Either you're making more sense than you think, or we're both mental.... :D

I think it's the latter...

it IS quite drivy, though.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Lacero said:
Move the PB around while its on. It makes a funny sound as well.

Having a broken HD is so fun, isn't it?

*moves PB while on*
funny, it wasn't doing that clicking before

interslice

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
NL
strange but true

I found a funny sound too - but the thinggy is not drivy it's more like the speakers emit a little brushing sound when it wakes up from sleep ... it's like when you put a fizzy vitamin tablet in a glass of water and the last bit pops to the surface and fizzes out - or it's like a little man with a little brush sweeps everything clean right after i wake it from sleep! is that a normal quirk! it's is JUST weird

any ideas - i'm sure it's made by the speakerS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.