PDA

View Full Version : MBA spill - slowness issue

flycats
Dec 26, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

Another spill thread, this time iced coffee with a shot of eggnog. I'm not sure which didn't agree with my MBA, but my money is on the eggnog!

Anyway, I wasn't around when it happened, but with the help of ifixit's wonderful guides I was able to break down the machine and clean it up the best I could with 91% alcohol. At first I had no power at all, until I cleaned up the power connector, and now while I'm left with a non-recognizable battery, the machine boots up and works well - almost!

The odd thing I'm finding is that it's unbearably slow when booted into Mountain Lion, but if I boot into my Win7 install it's like nothing ever happened (less the battery issue)

Does anyone have any idea what would lead to problems with the ML but not Windows? I've followed the steps to reset both the PRAM and SMC, but the slowness still exists when booted into ML.

biggd
Dec 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
Random.
What I would do, is reinstall the OS. It would be fresh, and would truly eliminate a "software" issue, and highlight if it is indeed a hardware problem.

Ps. You got big balls taking ur Air apart for cleaning, impressive

flycats
Dec 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
Believe it or not, with the guides and how well the innards are put together, it was much easier than I thought it would be.