Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sman789

Customer Support
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
And most importantly, does it utilize LTE if the phone supports it? I have an iPhone unlimited data plan on at&t back from the first generation. Now I have my iPhone 4 micro-sim in my Gnexus even though it calls for a standard sim size. I would think android phones that have a tray rather than a slot, say the Nexus 4(tray) and Note II (slot) would be a factor. A tray would have a smaller nano-sim bouncing around but the slot keeps pressure on the card.
It's nice to the flexibility having one card that works in all new phones.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Not sure about the US but I am using a I5 nanosim in an adapter in a S3 just fine.

As for connectivity - we don't have LTE but with my current iPhone plan I am only getting 3G funnily enough but HSPA+ on my S3 ...

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
And most importantly, does it utilize LTE if the phone supports it? I have an iPhone unlimited data plan on at&t back from the first generation. Now I have my iPhone 4 micro-sim in my Gnexus even though it calls for a standard sim size. I would think android phones that have a tray rather than a slot, say the Nexus 4(tray) and Note II (slot) would be a factor. A tray would have a smaller nano-sim bouncing around but the slot keeps pressure on the card.
It's nice to the flexibility having one card that works in all new phones.

I am using my iPhone 5's nanosim in my Nexus 4 with an Noosy adapter with no issues--just swap the nanosim as needed. And even though the Nexus 4 doesn't support AT&T LTE, it wasn't necessary to contact them to change my data plan as many are reporting, though I did have to manual change the APN to achieve optimal data speeds.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I have Noosy adapter, no issues when I used on my Note 2.

I have to say it, there's no need for it especially when Super Phones are getting bigger.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Just got a nokia lumia 920, had a iPhone 4s, i don't have any LTE service. My brother with a iPhone 5 gets LTE. Also does anyone know if my unlimited data plan gets carried over to a non iPhone phone?

----------

Last edited:

sman789

Customer Support
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Just got a nokia lumia 920, had a iPhone 4s, i don't have any LTE service. My brother with a iPhone 5 gets LTE. Also does anyone know if my unlimited data plan gets carried over to a non iPhone phone?

----------

My iphone unlimited plan is fine on my Galaxy Nexus. But I am using the iPhone 4 sim.

I'm planning to move up to the LTE iPhone 5 nano Sim, I believe I can't actually change my data plan to a non-iPhone one without price changes, then pop it into an LTE android phone.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
My unlimited plan transferred over from my iPhone 4s, I just had to go to AT&T and explained to them I got a new phone, but I'm not getting LTE signal. They had to update their system to allow my phone to get LTE. Returned the Nokia and switch to Optimus G. I really miss my iPhone, but I was really getting bored of the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.