PDA

View Full Version : Out of country App Store purchase

anfield11
Dec 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
I'm in Canada and would like to be able to purchase apps from the UK store. In particular BBC iPlayer and the Sky app. I am able to activate a VPN connection. can anyone help? Cheers

mobilehaathi
Dec 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
You would have to register an apple ID with a credit card billing address in the UK.

Jessica Lares
Dec 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm in Canada and would like to be able to purchase apps from the UK store. In particular BBC iPlayer and the Sky app. I am able to activate a VPN connection. can anyone help? Cheers

Both those apps wouldn't work FYI. Otherwise, like the other guy says, you only need a gift card/credit card. No proxy/etc is needed.

anfield11
Dec 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
That sucks! :)

dancj
Dec 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
Both those apps wouldn't work FYI. Otherwise, like the other guy says, you only need a gift card/credit card. No proxy/etc is needed.
I needed to use a proxy when I set up my American account.

Jessica Lares
Dec 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
I needed to use a proxy when I set up my American account.

Really? I didn't have to do that to get my UK account...

dancj
Dec 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
Really? I didn't have to do that to get my UK account...

How long ago did you do it? I only set up my US account a few months ago. Maybe they've tightened up since you did it.

Jessica Lares
Dec 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
How long ago did you do it? I only set up my US account a few months ago. Maybe they've tightened up since you did it.

Probably so. It was back in 2008.

Accord3
Dec 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
I tried to use my Sky app in Spain this summer (to catch up on some Sky channels) and it wouldnt let me as it knew i was outside the UK.

anfield11
Jan 3, 2013, 09:54 AM
I tried to use my Sky app in Spain this summer (to catch up on some Sky channels) and it wouldnt let me as it knew i was outside the UK.

I'm neither great nor dumb at this stuff, but I think a VPN service gets you around that issue.

My issue is the opposite as I have a UK VPN, but to watch Sky need the Sky App and preferably a BBC iPlayer UK version from the UK App Store. That's what I need to figure out how to get.