PDA

View Full Version : Where is "appshopper"??? Not in appstore now?

brudog68
Dec 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cant find it...was recommending to a few friends who got their first ipads for Christmas, and its not available?

Any other comparable apps you recommend?

Menneisyys2
Dec 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cant find it...was recommending to a few friends who got their first ipads for Christmas, and its not available?

Any other comparable apps you recommend?

It's been censored out.

Alternatives are appsgonefree and appzapp. Ad, of course, visiting the homepage of the ex-app at http://appshopper.com/

brudog68
Dec 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
It's been censored out.

Does that mean gone for good?

stevelam
Dec 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
I was also wondering the same thing! Why did it get removed?

j.dstasio
Dec 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
It was pulled because it didn't play by the new rules...

"Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected."

brudog68
Dec 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
It was pulled because it didn't play by the new rules...

"Apps that display Apps other than your own for purchase or promotion in a manner similar to or confusing with the App Store will be rejected."

What a silly move by apple eh? the appshopper app is the one reason I have purchased so many apps in the first place, granted usually at a reduced price, but ones I would not have purchased otherwise.

j.dstasio
Dec 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
What a silly move by apple eh? the appshopper app is the one reason I have purchased so many apps in the first place, granted usually at a reduced price, but ones I would not have purchased otherwise.

Same here. I agree. i am not sure why Appshopper was singled out though. There are several apps that are similar that could be pulled from the app store for the same reason.

nuckinfutz
Dec 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
http://appshopper.com/blog/2012/12/20/appshopper-app-removed-from-the-app-store-for-now/

Current users of the AppShopper App will be able to continue to use the app, and we are working on a new version that we hope will be approved by Apple.

jojoba
Dec 28, 2012, 06:28 PM

Really agree with this.

As stated in the post above, the version I already have is still working - I hope it stays that way.

jtrlnd
Dec 30, 2012, 05:12 AM
I don't really know what the appshopper app does, but if it is what I think it is then the app AppsGoneFree https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apps-gone-free-best-daily/id470693788?mt=8 is also good. Every day it shows apps that has gone free for a limited time. I really like it and use it every day.

charlituna
Dec 30, 2012, 12:46 PM
Same here. I agree. i am not sure why Appshopper was singled out though. There are several apps that are similar that could be pulled from the app store for the same reason.

It was apparently singled out because the UI was copying the App Store which is a no no.

If they change the UI then it should be allows back in