Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oTypically

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Including apps an accessories.

I've put forth well over 300 it seems if not a bit over.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm not sure about apps...Probably around £75 but I've reached the point wher my phones tend to cost around £125 with the sale of the previous one taken into account. I got out of the buy on contract merry go round a long time back.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Way more than I can count. I've been buying apps, music, movies and accessories since the 3G came out.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Oh, lord...From day one?:eek: It must be £100's :)

Gosh, I'd bet closer to a 1000. I buy paid apps like crazy and the same goes for music from iTunes. Over the last few years I've really become addicted to adding to my iTunes library. I've now started wanting to add movies to my library at 14.99 a pop. :eek:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Gosh, I'd bet closer to a 1000. I buy paid apps like crazy and the same goes for music from iTunes. Over the last few years I've really become addicted to adding to my iTunes library. I've now started wanting to add movies to my library at 14.99 a pop. :eek:

Mine is probably 90% Music...I have around 200 Apps...Not a lot when you consider it's over my IP5 and my Ipad4.....Music runs in at a whopping 300GB..:eek: Although a lot is self-produced, many of the albums are itunes purchases.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Wow, ours are pretty close. I have 658 apps and 15,605 songs. Not all were purchased from iTunes, but everything from the last few years have been.

I'd really hate to see how much I've spent on just the App Store and iTunes.

oTypically

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012

I just bought Ted the other day.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I just bought Ted the other day.

I almost did. I actually added it my wish list in iTunes so I didn't forget about it. I ended up going with The Cabin in the Woods, Dances With Wolves (it was a steal for 9.99 in HD), Big Easy Express, Talladega Nights and The Hangover.

I also just got Jaws in HD from iTunes by redeeming the code from the Blu-Ray. Apparently now they are giving HD digital copies.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
708 apps, not going back to count paid for or free, majority were top paid apps over the last 4 years.
Every iteration of the iPhone bought, two - three new each year.
Multiple cases trying to find the "right" one.
Multiple screen protectors over each phones life.
8 iPhones on my ATT account = $500+/month
USB chargers + cables over the years.

I'm not sure I would want to see the total spent on iPhone related expenses since '07.
Probably could've put a hefty down payment on an Aston Martin.

BugBytes

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
White 16GB iPhone 4S: $199
Green Apple Bumper: $29
AppleCare Plus: $99
Apps (cumulative, some gifted to me as a gift card): Somewhere in the vicinity of $25-50 I think.
Plus tax.

I've never personally bought a movie off iTunes. I don't count my music as part of the cost of my phone since I listen to them elsewhere as well.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
At least $1000 on apps and accessories. I've been buying apps since the app store was introduced.

As far as accessories, i will almost always buy a few different cases since i can never find the perfect one.

Slippery slope!

And PS...I hope you guys are all using appshopper and bestappsales to at least TRY and save a few bucks haha

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
So much. Hundreds, includes apps and accessories. Even when I jailbreak I still buy my apps and I never steal my tweaks.

oTypically

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
I almost did. I actually added it my wish list in iTunes so I didn't forget about it. I ended up going with The Cabin in the Woods, Dances With Wolves (it was a steal for 9.99 in HD), Big Easy Express, Talladega Nights and The Hangover.

I also just got Jaws in HD from iTunes by redeeming the code from the Blu-Ray. Apparently now they are giving HD digital copies.

Cabin in the woods wasn't much.

oTypically

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Same here, but I only use the streaming plan.
Their isnt a point in buying the plan where they deliver... Unless you're looking to make copies of the flick.

Seen other people's posts.
It's scary to see how much we've spent...

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Their isnt a point in buying the plan where they deliver... Unless you're looking to make copies of the flick.

Seen other people's posts.
It's scary to see how much we've spent...

Agreed. If I need a disc, I'll usually just go to down to my local Redbox and pay the 1.50 for a one day Blu Ray rental.

LaymansDomain

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
I've spent probably a little over 100. Applecare $50, few cheap cases $25, screen protectors $10, and a giftcard $15.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I think I may of accedintaly bought the campaign. I tried renting though.

Through Redbox or iTunes? I know Redbox charges you $24 for DVDs and $34.50 for Blu Rays if you don't return them before 20 days. They don't give any more details than that though.

From Redbox:

"Those fees are $24 + tax for DVDs ($25.40 in Maryland), $34.50 + tax for Blu-ray Discs ($35.51 in Maryland) and $60 + tax for video games ($61.48 in Maryland). At boxes where DVDs rent for $1, the maximum rental period for DVDs is 25 days and the maximum rental charge is $25."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.