PDA

View Full Version : sharing itunes account

wippy
Dec 29, 2012, 07:51 AM
not quite sure which forum this belong to so apologies if I've posted in the wrong area....

just wondering how people are managing their devices with their itunes account.... I'm starting to have a lot of apple devices for the household... my kids are too young to have their itunes account (as I want to manage and pay for their apps) but am starting to run into the limit of 5 device per account....

Currently I have 4 ipads, 3 ipods and 5 Mac (2 MBA, 1 MBP, 1 MB and 1 iMac) in the house all paid for and managed by me. The thing is, apart from my ipad and MBA, all the devices are shared between everyone, so they do not solely belong to any particular member.

As apple products become more and more popular and their devices increases per household.. do you think Apple will raise their 5 devices policy. If not... how do you guys suggest me to best manage all of these devices that I paid for and maintain (without creating accounts for each one and remembering which is what)....

ChristianJapan
Dec 29, 2012, 08:05 AM
You could create multiple Apple ID for "yourself" with whatever ID you choose. Could be also similar to the names of your kids. ;)

To make sure they can't abuse the account keep the password yourself, don't put a credit card in, enable parental control. Use prepaid card for purchasing.

If you really have fully shared devices you have a problem I can't help; I would not suggest to have that. Each it's own assigned device is easier.

Specially as you can't transfer purchased between accounts. Once on your account they stay there until end of time.