PDA

View Full Version : [All iPads] Making your own 30 pin connector cable

PetrieD
Dec 29, 2012, 07:52 PM
Anyone here have any links or anything to instructions on a DIY 30 pin connector cable? I want to remove one of the tips and replace the white cord cover with something else and then reattach the removed end. I have looked everywhere forgot instructions on doing this as well as a parts and where to get them list and have found nothing. A help is appreciated. Thanks.

rgarjr
Dec 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
What exactly u wanna do

PetrieD
Dec 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
Slide some hollowed out para cord (braided cloth) over the white rubber...or if I can find the right materials at a good price remove the white rubber and out a shielding sleeve over the wires Dan then the braided cloth over that. Did that explanation make sense? Thanks for the reply.

HazyCloud
Dec 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
That seems like a lot of trouble for a $20 cable. I've even purchased the generic ones for .79 at Amazon.

PetrieD
Dec 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah I can understand that although it doesn't see all that troublesome to me really. People do it with music cables and such all the time. More of a looks thing really. Just think it would look interesting.

I just haven't seen anyone else who has done any videos or tutorials that helps me. I'm trying to decide if its better to build a cable from scratch, snip the ends off an existing one and then reattach them, or some other method.

HazyCloud
Dec 30, 2012, 01:03 AM
This may be able to help you. It's about the only video I could find.

http://mods-n-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/build-iphone-ipod-charger-cable-278065/