PDA

View Full Version : iPad has stock iPhone weather app?

Mattp61
Dec 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
Just found this and thought some of you may find it interesting as iPad does not have the weather app icon present on the home screen but can be accessed using Siri

Sorry if this is well known, I wasn't awear of it before I tried to open Weather2x and Siri asked which I would like to open so decided to share it

Edit: Just checked and found after returning to the home screen after using the app, it does not show up in the multitasking tray

stuaz
Dec 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
mine doesn't do that. I imagine its because you have the other weather app installed and its probably getting confused.

Mattp61
Dec 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yes but I can launch the app and use it exactly as though I was on an iPhone (runs in small screen)
Try installing a free weather app and then trying, see if it works the same for you?

kbmb
Dec 31, 2012, 12:39 AM
Yup, shows up for me as well. I also have Weatherbug installed.

And because I let it use my current location, Weather shows up in the Location settings now.

-Kevin

Mattp61
Dec 31, 2012, 03:06 AM
Oh yes, mine does too, didnt realise that, I'm thinking its in the iPad software because Siri uses it to get the weather when you ask for it, which would be why it's only the iPhone version and not included on the home screen? Just a thought?

saberahul
Dec 31, 2012, 05:05 PM
Oh yes, mine does too, didnt realise that, I'm thinking its in the iPad software because Siri uses it to get the weather when you ask for it, which would be why it's only the iPhone version and not included on the home screen? Just a thought?

Nice catch! I tried it and works for me as well. What is funny is that when you press the home key and get out of the application, it does not show up in the multi-tasking bar.

AppleRobert
Jan 5, 2013, 06:57 PM
I have weather channel installed. When I ask to open weather, Siri says I do not have a weather app.

I installed weatherbug and when I asked to open weather, that is what Siri opened.

I am using the mini 6.0.1.

kbmb
Jan 5, 2013, 07:07 PM
I have weather channel installed. When I ask to open weather, Siri says I do not have a weather app.

I installed weatherbug and when I asked to open weather, that is what Siri opened.

Really weird. This isn't working for me anymore. Wondering if its a remote command Apple can change on the Siri side.

-Kevin

AppleRobert
Jan 5, 2013, 07:18 PM
Really weird. This isn't working for me anymore. Wondering if its a remote command Apple can change on the Siri side.

-Kevin

Well I am not going to install weather 2x. And I am not sure why Siri could not find the weather channel app to open but was able to open weatherbug after I installed it.