PDA

View Full Version : [General] Cydia 1.1.8

dinggus
Dec 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
I seen the kickstarter thread about 10 million people are jailbroken, so I did research and ended up at the Cydia article on Wikipedia. Turns out Cydia 1.1.8 has been released 2 months ago. I checked my Cydia on the 4S and I was on 1.1.6.

So, have you updated it?

I updated and opened up Cydia and amazed at how fast it is when downloaded sources. On 1.1.6, I always hated opening Cydia because it would take forever to refresh the sources, now its quick. I also noticed when I opened it while on 1.1.6 (2 minutes ago), I didn't have any changes, and I opened 1.1.8 and now have 3 changes.

cclloyd
Dec 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
I updated a bit ago and noticed no speed changes with updating sources, etc. It just seemed to never crash yet.

JPNFRK7
Dec 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
How did you update it? Rerun jb tool? Update in cydia?

Qaanol
Dec 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thank you!

I did not know about Cydia 1.1.8, but now that I have updated it is much faster, as you mentioned. I also see a couple of items items under Changes which count toward the number of available upgrades, but do not have a checkmark next to them. I do not know why.

For those interested, Cydia 1.1.8 is available from http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb

Open the link on your iOS device, choose to open in iFile, and then choose Installer. If you ever decide to return to Cydia 1.1.6, it is available from nearly the same website, just change the 8 to a 6 in the URL.

dinggus
Dec 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
I updated a bit ago and noticed no speed changes with updating sources, etc. It just seemed to never crash yet.

Really? Must be my resources, what resources do you use? It would take like 30 seconds for it to fully load up, and I wouldn't be able to search without trying to install and get an error.

How did you update it? Rerun jb tool? Update in cydia?

Make sure you have iFile, go to the site posted above, and click Open In, select iFile and install.

Thank you!

I did not know about Cydia 1.1.8, but now that I have updated it is much faster, as you mentioned. I also see a couple of items items under Changes which count toward the number of available upgrades, but do not have a checkmark next to them. I do not know why.

For those interested, Cydia 1.1.8 is available from http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb

Open the link on your iOS device, choose to open in iFile, and then choose Installer. If you ever decide to return to Cydia 1.1.6, it is available from nearly the same website, just change the 8 to a 6 in the URL.

If you don't see a check mark then none of your tweaks/apps are needed to be updated.

JPNFRK7
Dec 30, 2012, 07:09 PM
Its a little faster on my iPhone4. Also one of my sources doesnt give me an error now. Worth the upgrade.

Qaanol
Dec 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
If you don't see a check mark then none of your tweaks/apps are needed to be updated.
Cydia shows a “13” badge on the “Changes” button, when I click it the button at the top right says “Upgrades (13)”, and in the “Available Upgrades” section of the list there are 13 packages. But only 11 of them have a checkbox.

One of the packages with no checkbox is “UIKit Tools”, which has a pale green background, almost pistacchio colored, whereas all the others have a white background.

dinggus
Dec 30, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cydia shows a “13” badge on the “Changes” button, when I click it the button at the top right says “Upgrades (13)”, and in the “Available Upgrades” section of the list there are 13 packages. But only 11 of them have a checkbox.

One of the packages with no checkbox is “UIKit Tools”, which has a pale green background, almost pistacchio colored, whereas all the others have a white background.

Upgrade what you can and see if there is a change.