Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vapvroom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Thought I post some pictures up of the Tech 21 Smokey case that I purchased from the apple store i love this case. Anyone out there have this case as well?

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 143

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for the pics! I also have the "tech 21 case" in the same color as you and I like it very much!

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Is it bulky and does the bottom pull easy ?.

Not bulky at all but the bottom is a little too loose for my taste. Some won't care but I found the bottom/lip above the lightning port to be a little too loose. Makes the phone feel a little less secure than it should. It isn't going to fall out or anything but it does make for a sloppy and loose feeling in hand.

Looks really good overall though at 34.99 it is a little expensive.

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
One thing i haven't seen anyone mention is that the orange material is D3O. Its not a "look" aspect of the design but that's what provides the bulk of the protection really. I kept throwing mine around to prove the point on how sturdy this case really is. Many times it fell screen first and not a single scratch. I would still recommend putting a screen protector on just to be safe and avoid dropping it altogether. If you don't know what D3O is, just search D3O case test on youtube, its the first video from Tech21.

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
Just picked up one at my local Apple Store and I like it so far. I saw it about a month ago and noticed that the bottom of the band where the dock connector is exposed looked "flimsy", so I decided to wait. I went back last night and looked at them again and noticed that they had added some more support for that same bottom dock connector area.

It seems that everyone online really liked this case so, my hopes are high!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.