Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Labi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hi. This is my first post and a very sad one. I have a 40gig second generation iPod. I left it overnight to upload music on it and when I woke up I saw it on my sons hands playing with it :( so I assumed that he just removed the usb plug the "russian way" and now it's frozen. The display has the "stop" sign with "Do not disconnect" and nothing functions anymore. I tried to plug it in and out and nothing happens. Please help.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You have to do a hard reset. For the 2nd Gen, you might have to hold down the menu and play/pause button for 5 seconds or longer, or hold down left+center+right buttons for the same duration.

If it doesn't work, try letting the batteries run down, and do a reformat of the iPod.

Labi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Lacero said:
You have to do a hard reset. For the 2nd Gen, you might have to hold down the menu and play/pause button for 5 seconds or longer, or hold down left+center+right buttons for the same duration.

If it doesn't work, try letting the batteries run down, and do a reformat of the iPod.

:) It worked :)
I tried this even before posting but it seems that I didn't hold long enough. Lacero you're an angel. A lifesaver. I owe you a big one. Thanks a million.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.