Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I've had some apparent HD corruption which I'd rather fix than do a reinstall if possible. When I try to boot from the Lion partition I get the apple and then a grey screen with this message:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffff800064c99b): "Unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI"\ . . .etc.

Later on it says "can't perform kext scan." There's a message box which says to reboot.

This started after a bad sync and I thought it was volume or partition map corruption. After recovering my data I repaired with DiskWarrior, which reported an overlapped file and instructed to repeat, which I did. Now disk utility, drive genius and Tech Tool Pro all say the disk is OK. DiskUtility says the partition map is OK. DiskWarrior says the directory is OK. The other partitions on the drive will boot (there's also a recovery partition and TTP eDrive). From the error message it looks like the unbootable startup partition lost lost its driver somehow. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.