PDA

View Full Version : WTB: broken ibook or powerbook

wnameth
Sep 28, 2005, 03:55 PM
hey, i am currently doing my COOP as a apple tech and I am getting familiar with the machines and what not. so i have decided to take on a project. does anyone have a G4 powerbook or ibook that has a busted motherboard or something like that, basically one that has problems but the screen must me in good condition. i am looking for either a 867mhz powerbook with a broken logic baord or a 1GHZ or higher ibook with that same problem.

thanks

eleveneastgate
Sep 28, 2005, 03:59 PM
Will this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=151352) interest you? :D

wnameth
Sep 28, 2005, 04:39 PM
nope, it has a broken LCD panel (way too expansive to fix

ChicoWeb
Sep 29, 2005, 01:06 AM
I have a broken 12 ibook w/ a bad MLB. PM me.

wnameth
Sep 29, 2005, 07:10 AM
pm sent, other pms replied to as well

LimeiBook86
Sep 29, 2005, 01:09 PM
pm sent, other pms replied to as well
I have an iBook G3 motherboard from a 500mhz 128mb RAM (built-in) motherboard, it seems to suffer from the logic board video problem and I get no sound from it either, I have no idea what's wrong with it but, if you want it for a project PM or let me know me since it's just sitting here collecting dust. I spent $100 for a working replacment board so I don't need this broken one anymore ;)

Also I have an iBook keyboard that goes with the board with 4 keys missing and a few others that were salvaged from parts from another keyboard. Keys missing are: Delete, Tab, Enter (small one by space bar) and Escape.

Let me know if your interested! :D