PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] Expected my iPad 2 case to fit the iPad 4. But, it's just a bit too thick +

sixxmum
Jan 3, 2013, 06:15 AM
Both had films on the back, so I don't think that's the difference. Is this happening with many cases? Should I look specifically for a case made for the 4? I'm seeing many cases (including the one I had) that say they fit the 2, 3, and 4.

TIA!

Menel
Jan 3, 2013, 06:53 AM
Both had films on the back, so I don't think that's the difference. Is this happening with many cases? Should I look specifically for a case made for the 4?

TIA!The iPad 3 and 4 are thicker than the 2. Softer more flexible cases work.

Many cases list dual compatibility 2 and 3/4. There are certainly fit compromises made on these type of cases. A 3/4 is going to fit snugger than a 2... then you add the extra thickness of the film... that film on the back certainly isn't helping you.

sixxmum
Jan 3, 2013, 07:04 AM
Thanks, Menel.
The film just may have to come off. So, seems like I should either look for a "softer" case that says it fits 2/3/4 or a hard shell specifically for 3/4.

Now just have to find that sucker in the right color, work appropriate look, on/off magnets, and not leather :D

swsk
Feb 6, 2013, 01:07 AM
I had the same problem :(