Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Both had films on the back, so I don't think that's the difference. Is this happening with many cases? Should I look specifically for a case made for the 4? I'm seeing many cases (including the one I had) that say they fit the 2, 3, and 4.

TIA!

Last edited:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Both had films on the back, so I don't think that's the difference. Is this happening with many cases? Should I look specifically for a case made for the 4?

TIA!
The iPad 3 and 4 are thicker than the 2. Softer more flexible cases work.

Many cases list dual compatibility 2 and 3/4. There are certainly fit compromises made on these type of cases. A 3/4 is going to fit snugger than a 2... then you add the extra thickness of the film... that film on the back certainly isn't helping you.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Thanks, Menel.
The film just may have to come off. So, seems like I should either look for a "softer" case that says it fits 2/3/4 or a hard shell specifically for 3/4.

Now just have to find that sucker in the right color, work appropriate look, on/off magnets, and not leather :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.