Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
Currently the iBook takes 1-3 days to ship where the PowerMac takes 2-4 days...is this normal, the eMac, PowerBook, iMac, and Mac Mini ship in 24 hours. Does this mean a possible update or speedbump is near or is it usually like this?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
ibook was recently updated. There's not really any more updating they can do without making it essentially identical to the powerbooks. So I say "no way" on the ibooks. Powermacs might be seeing a bump soon.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
The UK store still has 24 hours on the PowerMacs :(

Realy hope that these dual core PowerMacs turn up soon, i'm getting well impatiant!

Another wierd thing is i can't enter the refurb store anymore, when i click on the logo the disclaimer thing comes up, but there is no 'i agree let me enter' button anymore.

wierd.....

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
iQuit said:
Currently the iBook takes 1-3 days to ship where the PowerMac takes 2-4 days...is this normal, the eMac, PowerBook, iMac, and Mac Mini ship in 24 hours. Does this mean a possible update or speedbump is near or is it usually like this?

The iBook was updated just two months ago, and it is in very high demand. It is a very popular product right now, so the inventory is probably a bit lower than the other products.

The low and middle PowerMacs are still 24 hour shipping. The high-end Powermac is on 2-4 days shipping, but that is actually down, from it being 7-10 days, for a long time. They must have had/have a supply issue, for that model.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
powerbook911 said:
The iBook was updated just two months ago, and it is in very high demand. It is a very popular product right now, so the inventory is probably a bit lower than the other products.
I agree, especially because the onslaught of college students rushing to buy them now. Just the other weekend, at my bf's college it was 'move-in'/ orientation weekend and I saw at least 4 brand new iBook boxes being hauled around by the parents of students. :D Made me wish I could get mine brand new all over again and go through the exciting process of opening that box up. :eek:

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I just want a new PowerBook soon before I have to do the bad thing and buy a Windows laptop for on the go video editing :rolleyes:

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Itr is most likely that the PowerMacs will be updated, not the iBooks, at all. The iBooks just got updated and can not be updated. I bet the PM's will get dual core processors.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
iQuit said:
I just want a new PowerBook soon before I have to do the bad thing and buy a Windows laptop for on the go video editing :rolleyes:
If the PowerBooks get updated, it's not going to be big...at all. Maybe 70MHz gain? Nothing to wait for. Get the PowerBook... like now. They are wonderful machines. You'll be glad you did ;)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
lilstewart92 said:
If the PowerBooks get updated, it's not going to be big...at all. Maybe 70MHz gain? Nothing to wait for. Get the PowerBook... like now. They are wonderful machines. You'll be glad you did ;)
Actually the rumors have been all over the place.

The next PowerBook update may very well be more than a 70MHz gain. Also, expect possibly a better superdrive, a large hard disk option.

And of course there has been the rumors of higher resolution screens.

As for buying a PowerBook now... if you need one, buy one. If you don't need an update yet, wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.