PDA

View Full Version : New MBA overall battery health

DimeTech
Jan 4, 2013, 02:41 AM
Just got my new 13" MBA a couple days before xmas, 2 weeks ago to the day. I love it and have already been raiding the app store. Picked up this battery health app, and two days ago, it told me the overall battery health was 98.1 and now it's telling me it's 97.3%. I had a problem with an old powerbook's battery dying (it held 0 charge) and, looking at these numbers, i'm starting to worry already. Should I be concerned? Are these numbers "probably" accurate? Thanks.

nightlong
Jan 4, 2013, 02:59 AM
Mine, 4 months old now, fluctuates around those sorts of numbers, but the battery is getting better not worse. A few days ago, it was on all day, mostly playing music, and I did a few other things with text, but it wasn't idle much, and after 9 hours or so, still had 25percent charge left.

GGJstudios
Jan 4, 2013, 03:10 AM
Just got my new 13" MBA a couple days before xmas, 2 weeks ago to the day. I love it and have already been raiding the app store. Picked up this battery health app, and two days ago, it told me the overall battery health was 98.1 and now it's telling me it's 97.3%. I had a problem with an old powerbook's battery dying (it held 0 charge) and, looking at these numbers, i'm starting to worry already. Should I be concerned? Are these numbers "probably" accurate? Thanks.
Yes, the numbers are accurate and no, you shouldn't be concerned. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

DimeTech
Jan 4, 2013, 03:18 AM
Yes, the numbers are accurate and no, you shouldn't be concerned. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

Thanks. Lots of good info in there.