PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound lead to other problems? (Attn: Apple Geniuses)

cedwhatev
Jan 4, 2013, 09:11 AM
Hey guys.. I've had my new MBA 2012 11 for about two months now, and since I've had it, most times when I close the lid to put it to sleep (usually when I've been using it for at least a half hour), there is a clicking sound it makes, which sounds like it comes from the hinge. It doesn't bother me in the least, and wasn't something I was going to send it back for, but my only concern is whether I should get it looked at just in case it leads to other problems. Could it? I assume there are wires in the hinges.. but maybe I'm just over thinking. I hate posting about something like this, but I was kinda hoping there might be an Apple genius or two on this forum who could answer my question... :rolleyes:

wolfpuppies3
Jan 4, 2013, 09:18 AM
Pretty hard to guess via email. Can you take it to an Apple store to let them actually see/feel/hear what you are talking about? You should have it looked at while it is under warranty.

mototriu
Jan 4, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hey guys.. I've had my new MBA 2012 11 for about two months now, and since I've had it, most times when I close the lid to put it to sleep (usually when I've been using it for at least a half hour), there is a clicking sound it makes, which sounds like it comes from the hinge. It doesn't bother me in the least, and wasn't something I was going to send it back for, but my only concern is whether I should get it looked at just in case it leads to other problems. Could it? I assume there are wires in the hinges.. but maybe I'm just over thinking. I hate posting about something like this, but I was kinda hoping there might be an Apple genius or two on this forum who could answer my question... :rolleyes:

It could be your case if you have one on. My mba does the same thing but it completely stopped after I took the case off.

cedwhatev
Jan 4, 2013, 01:26 PM
No, I don't have a case on it... but yeah, I agree, it's something I should get checked while it's under warranty. Although, I do plan on extending the AppleCare... thanks for your responses, guys. :D