Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I don't think it mentioned it in the article, but in this court appearance that is mentioned, he arrived on crutches. This guy goes from bad to worse.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
The guy is a total idiot...... and so are all his buddies who defended him over that 'dangle a baby from a hotel window' escapade!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by W-_-W
I don't think it mentioned it in the article, but in this court appearance that is mentioned he arrived on crutches. This guy goes from bad to worse.

Ha, I wonder if that was for the sympathy vote!

Yeah, it is truly sad where he has ended up. And one thing I don't understand is where are the women who mothered these children?

D :(

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
Cloned baby? :)

Maybe the baby has no mother...

But seriously... anybody who wants to put Michael Jackson up on charges for showing his baby to the crowd is an idiot.

It wasn't the safest thing to do, but let me ask you... How many of you have ever dropped a baby? I don't think that the odds of that go up based upon how high you're holding him off of the ground.

Get over it folks. You don't have to like Michael Jackson, but that doesn't give you the right to take away his children.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I agree with Oldmac, it certainly was not the smartest thing to do, but it doesnt certify taking away his kids, luckily no harm came to the child and unless there is some actual signs of abuse leave the man and his kids alone.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Action Jackson...

Interesting article find dukestreet... and valid comments from one and all here.

Two Things About Attourney Ambition:
First, Berlin is just a tad outside the California State Attourney's Jurisdiction. This quote from that CNN article points out how the actions were viewed under the relevant laws of Berlin: "Berlin authorities said the actions were not punishable." I really get a bad taste in my mouth when I see politicians using their public offices to make personal comment. She should have made it clear that while she has no jurisdiction, she personally felt the behavior was irresponsible and a mistake. If the California attourney simply prefers Bing and Sinatra, her office isn't the place to make that clear.

Second, if the California State attourney wanted to make a legal comment about such behavior, she would have to file the appropriate court documents in a German court of law. Seems she's just making a personal comment about the very bad judgement of a parent. How many times has the attourney's good intentioned husband pushed their child on a swing a little too high, or tossed their little tyke into the air (not as bad as dangling your child over a balcony ... but still...) I suppose every parent who puts their child into a car without proper restraints is doing the same thing, but never heard the California State Attourney comment on that, and in many countries around the world, child car seats are considered an unjustified expense.

To point out why I think the California attorney's reach exceeds her grasp, imagine getting a speeding ticket on the Autobaun in Germany. You are coasting along at a comfortable 250 miles per hour in your super high performance car - which is more than capable of 250 - and you get a ticket. The California attourney hears this, and decides to send the State Troupers (would probably would refuse to respond) to follow you to and from your California doorstep to your California place of work everyday. Or imagine smoking marijuana in Canada or some European countries where it's legal to do so within reason. Does that give the California attourney license to send the ATF on a stakeout of your life?

I've got to trust the judges of our american courts to judge such complaints according to their merit.

Definitely not a good move showing a child to a crowd over a fourth floor balcony. It's obvious his pride as a parent got the best of him in the worst way.

:cool:

pantagruel

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2002
here and there
I think the nutbag should have his children taken away because he is certifiably insanse. **** the osbournes lets see what happens in wacko jackos daily life!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.