PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Powerbook Setups...

mddharma
Sep 29, 2005, 11:56 AM
I am setting up a new office and would like some thoughts and advice on setting up a powerbook as a desktop machine when in the office. I have purchased a 19" View-sonic LCD and an airport extreme. I am also planning to purchase a wireless mouse and keyboard.

I currently have a 15" Ti Powerbook, but will be purchasing a 12" PB, WHEN THEY ARE FINALLY UPDATED. So, I am thinking the only thing I will need to plug into the powerbook when I am in the office is the monitor and occasionally a hard drive.

Now, does anyone secure their powerbook under the desk (and if so how?) to free up desktop space or leave it on the desk. I would like to know what you all do to give me ideas. All thoughts and experiences on this subject are welcomed!

;)

lopresmb
Sep 29, 2005, 11:59 AM
Most poeple like the iCurve stand for the PB, but you can use whatever. Also, I don't think most people put it under desks cause you might want to use the second display for odds and ends.

also you would have to go under your desk everytime that you wanted to unplug all your stuff from it.

Dr. Dastardly
Sep 29, 2005, 12:32 PM
I think I saw someone over in the the Macnn forums that had his Powerbook under the desk. Its in the Powerbook setup thread, you can get alot of good ideas after seeing alot of others setups.

But if it were me I would try to utilize that second screen. Comes in quite handy most of the time.