PDA

View Full Version : Help! Black bar on botton of screen

michaelmellon
Jan 5, 2013, 11:43 AM
My son was pounding away on my keyboard for like 20 seconds, and when he was finished there is now a black bar at the bottom of my screen that is relaying what I am typing...what folders I select...and other things.
It's SUPER annoying! I have NO idea what it is. I have never seen this before.

Someone please help me figure out how to turn it off!!

I have attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

mrapplegate
Jan 5, 2013, 12:28 PM
My son was pounding away on my keyboard for like 20 seconds, and when he was finished there is now a black bar at the bottom of my screen that is relaying what I am typing...what folders I select...and other things.
It's SUPER annoying! I have NO idea what it is. I have never seen this before.

Someone please help me figure out how to turn it off!!

I have attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

System Preferences, Accessibility.It looks like he turned something on there. I don't really use any of them so I'm not sure which one he turned on, but check there.

Start at Voiceover. Command-F5 to see if it stops it.

michaelmellon
Jan 5, 2013, 05:28 PM
System Preferences, Accessibility.It looks like he turned something on there. I don't really use any of them so I'm not sure which one he turned on, but check there.

Start at Voiceover. Command-F5 to see if it stops it.

WOW! That was it. I didn't have the volume up...turned it up and heard dude reading everything on the screen. Guess that would've helped.

THANK YOU.

mrapplegate
Jan 5, 2013, 08:56 PM
WOW! That was it. I didn't have the volume up...turned it up and heard dude reading everything on the screen. Guess that would've helped.

THANK YOU.

No problem. Glad to help.