Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelmellon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
My son was pounding away on my keyboard for like 20 seconds, and when he was finished there is now a black bar at the bottom of my screen that is relaying what I am typing...what folders I select...and other things.
It's SUPER annoying! I have NO idea what it is. I have never seen this before.

Someone please help me figure out how to turn it off!!

I have attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 11.42.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 11.42.34 AM.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 297

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
My son was pounding away on my keyboard for like 20 seconds, and when he was finished there is now a black bar at the bottom of my screen that is relaying what I am typing...what folders I select...and other things.
It's SUPER annoying! I have NO idea what it is. I have never seen this before.

Someone please help me figure out how to turn it off!!

I have attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

System Preferences, Accessibility.It looks like he turned something on there. I don't really use any of them so I'm not sure which one he turned on, but check there.

Start at Voiceover. Command-F5 to see if it stops it.

michaelmellon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
System Preferences, Accessibility.It looks like he turned something on there. I don't really use any of them so I'm not sure which one he turned on, but check there.

Start at Voiceover. Command-F5 to see if it stops it.

WOW! That was it. I didn't have the volume up...turned it up and heard dude reading everything on the screen. Guess that would've helped.

THANK YOU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.