PDA

View Full Version : No point in MacRumors until Intel machines

Manatee
Sep 29, 2005, 03:40 PM
Seems to me any "rumors" regarding upcoming Macs will be pretty anticlimactic until the Intel-based machines arrive. Afterall, what could possibly show up, other than minor speed increases or maybe an updated video card?

I currently use two Powerbooks, and I'm itching to get their Intel-based successor. The greatest benefit I'm hoping for is being able to run PC applications with a much "thinner" emulator, and at much greater speed.

For someone in my current position, Apple's computer offerings are like a black hole until the new architecture goes on sale. I haven't felt this way since the makers of machines that ran CP/M announced that they were switching to DOS. ;)

Sun Baked
Sep 29, 2005, 03:42 PM
So a temporary ban of your user account until July 2006 won't be a problem for you?

After all this forum is useless to you until then, and we don't want to bother you with a useless forum. ;)

highres
Sep 29, 2005, 03:54 PM
This site has other features or areas of interest in addition to "Mac Rumors":

- A genuinely helpful and closeknit online community.
- Answers to Mac problems or questions.
- Mature, fairly intelligent discussions about currrent events topics and other social issues.

Personally all good reasons to frequent or visit MR in between Apple product releases. :)

Lacero
Sep 29, 2005, 03:55 PM
MacRumors is now listed in the new My Yahoo!

i4k20c
Sep 29, 2005, 04:13 PM
You deserve a ban...

Macrumors is more than talking about just rumors, i know i'm just a newbie.. but i got my new powerbook and i posted questions regarded help and how to's since i'm new to the mac world, and i recieved excellent help. Don't judge a book by its cover! ;)

EvilDoc
Sep 29, 2005, 04:24 PM
Any one else wanta kick the guy? or throw a rock at em? jess he did say the rumors portion of the site. there is a new " whens the new powerbook/powermac thread up every 10 mins but no one bashes them... he is right there isnt much going on in the way of rumors. But then again there is tons of other stuff here too....

Bern
Sep 29, 2005, 04:44 PM
For someone in my current position, Apple's computer offerings are like a black hole until the new architecture goes on sale. I haven't felt this way since the makers of machines that ran CP/M announced that they were switching to DOS. ;)

You must have some brand spanking new software that everyone else in the Mac community doesn't know about? :eek: I have what I thought was the latest (Adobe CS2, Sims2, Macromedia etc) and it runs better than on some pc lapptops I've seen.

I guess you'll be one of the "testers" for the first generation Mactels next year. For that I say thank you. I'll be waiting for the third generation when all the "testers" have ironed out any bugs.

maxterpiece
Sep 29, 2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think it was meant as a personal insult macrumors and its users. He's just used to coming to MR looking for new exciting releases and he knows that there isn't gonna be one that is super-exciting in the macintosh line until mactels come out.

I personally share the sentiment. At this point I can't get excited about a new mac being released b/c I know apple is in investing most of their time in developing the mactels. And so coming to macrumors isn't as exciting because I know there isn't gonna be an crazy new mac that I have to have being released for at least the next 6 months or so.

Manatee
Sep 29, 2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks. I was merely joking. I didn't mean to insult the forum. I've been a daily reader of the rumors and linked articles for a couple of years, but I just don't get time to come by the forum. I should, though, as Mac people are probably classier than the people I've been hanging out with online. ;)

I only meant to make light of the situation companies get into when they have lots of current product in the pipeline, but they've announced the "next big thing."

I'll try to spend more time chatting here. I tend to be cynical and sarcastic, though, so if I proved too offensive, then I can be banned. :)

Peter

Any one else wanta kick the guy? or throw a rock at em? jess he did say the rumors portion of the site. there is a new " whens the new powerbook/powermac thread up every 10 mins but no one bashes them... he is right there isnt much going on in the way of rumors. But then again there is tons of other stuff here too....

snkTab
Sep 29, 2005, 04:51 PM
*cough*, I think the O.P. just watched this movie.

Manatee
Sep 29, 2005, 05:53 PM
You must have some brand spanking new software that everyone else in the Mac community doesn't know about? :eek: I have what I thought was the latest (Adobe CS2, Sims2, Macromedia etc) and it runs better than on some pc lapptops I've seen.

It's mostly software development tools -- Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, and also products I need like Microsoft Project and Visio. They're real gas hogs. Sure, I have them installed on other computers (PC laptops), but I generally prefer to carry one of my Powerbooks -- especially when I travel.

And yes, I'll have the new machines on day one. I'm a technology and gadget nut. :)