PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] iPad 3 / iPhone 5 Desk Dock

Gizmo22
Jan 5, 2013, 10:36 PM
Anyone have suggestions for a snazzy way to cut down on cables? I currently use a cMBP, iPhone 5, and iPad 3. The iPad3 must stay as it is provided by work.

This leaves me in a conundrum of wanting a dock to clean up some cables, but having one lightning device and one 30 pin device. I really like something like the x2 or x3 InCharge, but am uncertain of the cabling implications there.

Goal is to free up as much desk space as possible, but still use my laptop as the charger.

Thanks!

Katieg-fm
Jan 6, 2013, 12:16 AM
Anyone have suggestions for a snazzy way to cut down on cables? I currently use a cMBP, iPhone 5, and iPad 3. The iPad3 must stay as it is provided by work.

This leaves me in a conundrum of wanting a dock to clean up some cables, but having one lightning device and one 30 pin device. I really like something like the x2 or x3 InCharge, but am uncertain of the cabling implications there.

Goal is to free up as much desk space as possible, but still use my laptop as the charger.

Thanks!

If u find something I'd love to know. I been looking for same thing.

Gizmo22
Jan 6, 2013, 08:56 AM
If u find something I'd love to know. I been looking for same thing.

I think some of the cheaper docks I have seen may work; the sorts that do nothing more than provide a stand and route whatever cables you have through a hole in the bottom.

I am looking for something a tad cleaner though.

alanrocks
Jan 8, 2013, 07:54 AM
You don't want a normal stand at all do you, it has to be a dock?

Katieg-fm
Jan 16, 2013, 10:49 AM
You don't want a normal stand at all do you, it has to be a dock?

Yes, i have stands, but my cords fall behind my shelf. I only want charge and sync for dock. dont need audio out or speakers or clock or anything....